Eva Parey is a freelance photographer, journalist and filmmaker based in Barcelona, Spain. She is specialized in documentary, photojournalism, travel and portrait. She combines the assignments with her projects. She teaches photography at the Tecnocampus University of Mataró (Barcelona), also in different cultural centers of Barcelona.
She is interested in everything photographic and journalistic but her main concern is the complexity of human beings living in modern and traditional societies. Her topics are focused mainly in social and anthropological issues. In 2008 she began to work with different gypsy families based in Barcelona, later she has travelled around Europe to countries like Romania, Bulgaria, Slovakia, Germany and France, to understand the way of life of Roma people in their diaspora. Also, she is producing other stories in the Indian subcontinent , related with the situation of women and locally in Barcelona, with daily life topics and news.
She has published in many media like El Periódico, Yo Dona, El País, El Mundo, Interviu, 7K magazine, Barcelona Metropolis, Descobrir Catalunya, Focus, Paris Match, Marie Claire, Life & Style, Esquire Latinoamerica, and many others. She contributes with different social organizations and NGO’s as FSG, ETP Slovensko, Vincle and ProInfants.
Part of her work has been exhibited in many galleries, cultural centers and festivals, like Biennal of Xavier Miserachs, Outono Fotografico, DocField, Visa pour l’Image. She has been awarded with the III Scholarship “Photography and Society”, 1st Revela Prize, finalist of the XVI International Prize of Humanitarian Photography Luis Valtueña, Performance Humanity Photo Award 2015, among others.
She is a contributor of the french agency Sipa Press and Shoot4Change. Since 2012 she is a member of the portuguese agency of photojournalism 4SEE.
She is available for assignment.
– ‘Space Girls, Space Women’. Collective exhibition organized by Sipa Press. Museo Nazionale Scienza e Tecnologia Leonardo da Vinci, Milan (Italia). Milano Photofestival 2017.
– ‘Formentera, inside island’. Exhibition in Galeria Il Mondo, an art gallery of Barcelona focused in photography.
– ‘The daughters of Durga’. Exhibition in Can Jonch, the Peace and Culture Center of Granollers, in march during the conmemorative meeting of the International Women’s Day.
– ‘A year of Farmland Reserve’. Exhibition in «la casa del poble» of the Mola village in Formentera island.
– ‘A year of Farmland Reserve’. Exhibition in the Ajuntament Vell Center in Sant Francisco, Formentera.
– ‘The daughters of Durga’. Exhibition in the Centre Cívic RIU of Santa Coloma de Gramenet, in the ‘Travel diary’ cicle and the conmemorative meeting of the International Women’s Day.
– ‘East Winds’. Exhibition in the Cultural Center La Bòbila in Hospitalet de Llobregat.
– ‘Space Girls, Space Women’. Collective exhibition organized by Sipa Press. Museum Arts et Métiers, Paris.
– ‘Velka Ida Border’. Collective exhibition of the participatory workshops imparted in Eastern Slovakia with BO5TOK Photo in collaboration with ETP Slovensko NGO. CFD, Barcelona.
– ‘East Winds’. Exhibition in Festimatge, the photographic festival of Calella in Barcelona.
– ‘East Winds’. Exhibition in the I Sessions of the Roma People in Pati Llimona, organized by Vincle
– ‘East Winds’. Exhibition in the VIII Photographyic Biennal of Xavier Miserachs, Palafrugell, Girona
– ‘East Winds’. Exhibition in the XIII Congress of Antropology at the University of Tarragona, URV
– Round table ‘Photography and Migrations’. Documentary Photographic Sessions of Revela Prize 2014 in Espai Fotogràfic Can Basté
– ‘East Winds’. Exhibion in Docfield festival of Barcelona in Espai Fotogràfic Can Basté
– ‘East Winds’. Exhibition in the UAB Universitat Autònoma of Barcelona
– Projection of the multimedia project produced for the FSG NGO about the Revela 2012 prize in the festival Enfocats 2014 in Pati Llimona Cultural Center
– Conference ‘From the photographic act to the social commitment’ in the ‘Photography and Commitment’ seminar at the UCA, Summer University of Cádiz
– Projection ‘Princesses for Sale’ in the Documentary Photographic Festival Alamedeando, in Málaga
– ‘Revela Prize 2012’. Collective Exhibition in the Cicle “Travel Diary”. Centre Cívic RIU. Peace and Cooperation Sessions in Santa Coloma de Gramanet
– ‘Revela Prize 2012’. Collective exhibition in the 2013 Circuit Festival, Documentary Photography in Barcelona. Espai Fotogràfic Can Basté.
– ‘Expulsions Foretold’. Collective exhibition of the 2012 Humanitarian Photographic Luis Valtueña Prize. La Casa Encendida, Madrid
– Collective exhibition of the workshop ‘Photo at Street Level’ imparted at the Permanent Educational of Tres Roques in Mataró
– ‘Forced Nomads’. Revela Prize collective exhibition at the Outono Photographic Festival in Galicia
– ‘Chernobil Beach’. Urban exhibition-performance with ‘Piel de Foto’ Association. VII Biennal Xavier Miserachs Festival in Palafrugell, Girona
– ‘Forced Nomads’. Revela Prize collective exhibition at the VII Biennal Xavier Miserachs Festival in Palafrugell, Girona
– ‘Princesses for sale’. Photo projection at the Fotofesta Festival in the Golferichs Center
– ‘Heirs of the foreign’ and ‘Forced Nomads’. Double exhibition at the Catala Roca Photographic Center in Barcelona
– ‘Heirs of the foreign’ and ‘Forced Nomads’. Double exhibition at the Cultural Center of Tres Roques in Mataró
– ‘Forced Nomads’. Exhibition in the Visa OFF Festival in Perpignan, France
– ‘Heirs of the foreign’. Exhibition at the Spring Photo Festival CP Lledoners in Barcelona
– ‘Seen in Turó.’ Collective exhibition at the ‘I Documentary Festival’ of Can Basté
– ‘Heirs of the foreign’. Exhibition at the Outono Photographic Festival in Ourense, Galicia
– ‘Heirs of the foreign’. Exhibition at the Photographic Center of Can Basté
– ‘Seen in Barcelona!’. Collective exhibition at the Outono Photographic Festival in Ourense, Galicia
– ‘Seen in Barcelona!.’ Collective exhibition at the Photographic Center of Can Basté
– ‘Gypsy lives’. Exhibition at the Cultural Centre Jardins de La Pau, Prat de Llobregat
– ‘Women at work. Social radiography’. Collective exhibition about women at the Espai Mallorca in Barcelona